Princess of Africa Foundation
Roll Back Malaria Goodwill Ambassador Ms. Yvonne Chaka Chaka will be touring various cities worldwide in the coming weeks for the premier of her film The Motherland Tour – A Journey of African Women. The main objectives of the film will be to sensitise decision makers about the benefits of disease control in endemic countries, and to gather momentum in support of a successful replenishment of The Global Fund.
This film will be premiered worldwide to highlight global poverty in conjunction with the Millennium Development Goal Summit and the Global Fund 3rd Replenishment Meeting. (Click here for the flyer for The Motherland Tour, and here for more background information)
Please see below for the premier schedule:
- September 14 (London, United Kingdom): 1500hrs – 1800hrs, Soho Hotel, 4 Richmond Mews
Lead Partner – Malaria No More, for more information contact Ms. Angela Miles or Mr. Roz Hunt.
- September 15 (Geneva, Switzerland): 1630hrs – 1830hrs, UNITAID building, 20 Avenue Appia
Partners – The Global Fund, UNAIDS, RBM, for more information contact Mr. Michel Smitall.
- September 16 (Paris, France): 1000hrs, Sale Monerville, Palais du Luxembourg, 26 rue de Vaugirard
Lead Partner – Action for Global Health, for more information contact Ms. Annick Jeantet or Mr. Rivalan Bruno.
- September 21 (New York, United States): 1800hrs – 2100hrs, Helmsley Hotel, Knickerbocker Suite, 212 East 42nd Street
Lead Partner – RBM, Red Cross, for more information contact Mr. Hervé Verhoosel or Ms. Aude Galli.
- September 23 (Washington DC, United States): 1000hrs – 1200hrs, Reserve Officers Association Building (near Capitol Hill)
Lead Partner – Global Health Council, for more information contact Ms. Caitlin Holliday.
- September – 25 (Los Angeles, United States)
Lead Partner: ONE, for more information contact
- September 27 (Chicago, United States)
Lead partner – ONE, for more information contact
Please find below various articles and media on interviews with Yvonne Chaka Chaka:
- This is Africa:
- BBC World Service TV:
- Five minute film about screening:
For further information regarding above activities of the Princess of Africa Foundation, please contact Mr. Louis Da Gama (Cell: +44.79.9081.0642).